If we review and amend the policy, we’ll post the latest version here. When we make significant changes, we’ll let you know when you next access our services, or by other communications.
We may also supplement this Policy with other privacy notices in our services. This Policy applies only to information collected by us through our services and does not apply to services that link to other privacy policies, including any third-party websites or services you connect to from our Services, such as travel partners, social-networking platforms, and third-party ads.
While reading this policy, you will come across the term ‘Personal data’, by which we mean any information relating to you as an identifiable individual. For instance, this includes information that may of itself identify you such as your name, contact details, trip itinerary, internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookie strings or device IDs, as well as information that may not on its own identify you, but which we store alongside such identifiers, such as how you are using our services or the country you are in when you do so.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those third parties.
Why We Use Your Personal Data?
Every user has a different requirement and budget. Therefore to help us serve you better, we may require the details for better search results.
- Generating results in response to your search queries, for example providing you with a list of the flights that best meet your requirements.
- When you select a travel supplier that you would like to make a booking with we redirect you to their platform along with whatever data is necessary to enable them to recognize you and the travel option you had selected on our website, including data about your browser or device and the details of your travel search.
- Contacting you with messages, notifications or alerts that are necessary in order to deliver our services requested, such as flight status alerts and notifications about changes or updates to our services or to this policy.
- Responding to communications you have sent us, such as via our customer service help center or on social media.
- To send you marketing emails regarding our services or those of our partners, if you have opted-in to receive emails from us or have transacted with us, and as permitted by law.
- To send you information servicing and administrative emails
- We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as displaying relevant advertising and recommendations and for legal purposes.
Types Of Information That We May Collect From You
Account Information- If you register yourself with us for any of services, the information that we may collect from you is email address, password and home airport, and other preference information you provide us. If you choose a third-party service, like Facebook Login, to register or login, you are permitting us to use and store that information related to the account.
Platform Information- When you access our website and enter the platforms, we collect information from you. Some of it may include personal information and can include search history, screen resolution, IP address, browser used, access times, operating system and settings, and referring URL. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, your settings and your location.
Customer Assistance- Should you seek our customer assistance or contact us for any help, we will collect any inquires, complaint or other information that you may submit to our support team.
Promotional Information- On partaking part in any contests or similar campaigns, we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity such as photos, images, captions or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Information provided by you- When you visit our website and register or book travel, contact customer care or participate in any contests, you provide us your personal information.
Information we collect passively- We also collect your personal information passively. For example, we collect information about you over time and across different Web sites when you visit this Platform. We also use tracking tools like cookies and beacons that may include your IP address mapping, WiFi, GPS signals, cell tower positioning or other technologies. We use this information to enhance and personalize your experience and provide you with offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Personal information we receive from third parties- We collect your personal information from third parties. This can include when you log in using a third party platform, such as Facebook. In addition, we also integrate third party software (i.e. Google’s Invisible CAPTCHA) that collects information about users for security reasons.
How We Share Your Personal Data?
- If you book travel with one of our travel partners through us, we provide the payment details you give us to the travel partner to process the transaction.
We also share your information with third parties as described in this Policy and on the Services and as follows:
- With your consent
- In an aggregated form that does not directly identify you
- With third-party travel partners when you book travel
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of SmartFlyer, our users, or others; and in connection with the enforcement of our terms and contracts.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. We may assign or transfer your information as part of the transaction.
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers that are working on our behalf and need access to your information to provide specific services to us as part of our services, such as credit card processing companies, or hosting, email messaging, or SMS providers.
- In an aggregated form that does not directly identify you.
- As required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served to us.
The Security of Your Information
We maintain data handling and storage practices and procedures that are designed to promote the integrity and confidentiality of the Personal Data. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services and for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
- In many cases, we will delete inactive accounts and associated profile information after two years of inactivity. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
- The criteria used to determine retention include
- the length of time Personal Data is needed to provide the applicable services (such as maintaining and improving the performance of the Services, enabling system security measures, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records);
- if users have provided, created, or maintained Personal Data with the expectation that we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it (in which case we may maintain the data until actively deleted by the user);
- whether the Personal Data is of a sensitive type (a shortened retention time may be appropriate);
- whether we are subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data (such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation).
Updates & Questions
We may update this Policy from time to time without notice to you other than posting the revised policy or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. If we change our Policy, we will post those changes to this Policy and change the effective date above. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.